E6 development troubleshouting

It would be more useful if the test object included a grey card or a skin tone. Also,

it helps if you know that some aspects of E6 processing are more important than others.

FD controls speed, pH of col dev colour balance. If you have problems with ageing or weak

reversal expect a green col balance. Excess base density usually beach and fix - but can

be dead conditioner.

And with any attempt to control E6 - very difficult w/o proper control strips and densitometry

It would be more useful if the test object included a grey card or a skin tone. Also,

it helps if you know that some aspects of E6 processing are more important than others.

FD controls speed, pH of col dev colour balance. If you have problems with ageing or weak

reversal expect a green col balance. Excess base density usually beach and fix - but can

be dead conditioner.

And with any attempt to control E6 - very difficult w/o proper control strips and densitometry

Fuji used to do an excellent process manual that had every combination of problems you

could imagine with photographs and plots for both theirs and Kodak control strips.

I wish I still had it!

looking at the page most of it is correct except he missed out the crucial wash between

first dev and reversal, if this is missed out reversal bath will be contaminated (by Tin I

think) changing both density and or colour.

E-6 is one of the harder processes to keep in line for a Prolab, FD Specific gravity and CD

ph (NaOH add if too low) are crucial.

Mark