durst m301 enlarger/beginner darkroom equip

patrick_ayres

I am not familiar with the m301 from personal use. I did look at some samples recently when I was shopping for an 2nd hand enlarger. My impression was that it is a very well made simple and compact unit. <p>If you buy one without a lens, make sure that a lensboard (w. M39 thread) is included. <br>Also make sure that there is a filterdrawer present if you plan to use variable contrast filters (or get one w. the Cls35 colorhead which can be used instead of filters). <br>It is always a hassel (and often expensive) to find parts for old equipment, so make sure all you need is included.

<p>good luck

Niels

I am Sorry!! This thread is posted in the Medium Format forum (I use the unified view on Photo.net so I do not always notice 'where I am'). <br>The M301 is a 35mm enlarger. I am almost sure that it could not be converted to mediumformat. The M600 is a similar design but takes mediumformat negs. (I do not know if it goes beyond 6x6). The other things I said still applies, but you also have to make sure you get the right negative carrier and condenser for your chosen format.
Niels