I will be traveling to Patagonia in Chile and then on to Antartica in a few months. I currently shoot with Sony a7RII and planning on using the 16-35 f4 and 24-105 f4 lenses attached to the camera body. I understand changing lenses can be a bit challenging in this environment.

My primary question is whether anyone has recommendations for dry bags (recommended by the tour group for going to and from shore)?

My secondary question is whether you would take any other lenses? I have a 70-200 f4, 28mm f2 with 21 mm adapter, 55mm f1.4 and an 85mm f1.4.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

As a sea kayaker, I find that most of the dry bags that work for a kayak (small enough to get into the hatches) have too small a diameter for cameras. Get a large bag - you don't have to fill it. An article on Luminous Landscape mentioned the ship to shore trips used dry bags large enough to hold a photo bag or backpack. Once on shore, the photo pack is worn.

I'm only a motorbiker. Ortlieb are a well regarded brand in the drybag scene and I believe the kayak crowd use them to have dry spare undies after their eskimo flips? I have a huge bag by them that goes around my "everything & the kitchen sink" camera bag. Ortlieb bags are good when they appear still almost airtight when you close them. - OTOH: They aren't indestructible; i.e. they might get punctured. Mine are by now but they are still sturdy and comparably decent rain protection.

It might be smart to use 2 layers of knotted trash bag inside. - Over here biker suppliers carry Ortlieb knockoffs too. - Something like that will serve you for years and yes, once again: Use 2 layers of knotted trash bag inside to be better safe than sorry, if you have the slightest concern about maybe going overboard with your bag....

For going paranoid I'd use a Nowak Hermetic Carrier <- Yes, I do own one of those, but I was fortunate to get mine 3rd hand in pretty decent condition for little money. The pre-owners must have been wealthy big boys with complaining wifes.... Those ergonomically shaped plastic barrels with backpack straps and screw on lids hold an entire kit spread over various bags inside and seem made for any kind of mad Navy Seals' mission.

Enjoy your trip!

Lenses: I do love the 70-200 focal length range, so I'd probably pack that one and maybe the 50mm for available light shots in the evening? - Considering your zoom overlap I see little need for an additional wide prime. I have no clue how shootable your 24-105 might be. Will you get a chance to not carry each and every lens all day long, if you wish to?

So far it seems like one large bag that I can put my whole camera kit into is the recommendation. Maybe as an alternative a dry bag back pack.

Generally speaking I carry my larger camera pack on the trip that has all my desired widgets, but for daily use I take only what I need in a smaller pack. For Antartica, my understanding is you can change lens on the ship, but once you head to shore, it is pretty difficult to safely change the lenses on the camera. In my current Osprey back pack, I can carry two Sony a&RII bodies with lenses attached (one lens can be as large as the 70-200), but that is not with dry bags. And I am doubtful I could carry three bodies with lenses in my Osprey. Easy accessibility is critical for number reasons so I lay on the ground camera bag will simply not work. Each body would need to be in a quick draw space.