Doug Gordon Torch Light

<p>I have not used one, but when I saw it demonstrated I thought, "Why couldn't you do the same thing with a flash and colored gels?" Your flash is already daylight, you can buy amber gels to warm it to tungsten and a green to allegedly match fluorescent. (Allegedly since there is no single color for fluorescent. For that matter you can color balance tungsten better with a range of amber gels instead of a single color he has. </p>

<p>If you are using it as he recommends-just a little bit of light (slightly less than ambient) the light on the camera would seem to be more distracting than a little blip of the flash. At that price I see it as more of a gadget.</p>

<p>The dial is simple, but I can set the flash underexpose with my Canon 5D. The key to the system is to make the light just darker than ambient. So, if it is set that way on the camera, you don't even need to adjust the dial like on the Torch Light. I think what the Torch Light might do is allow for quick and easy seat-of-the-pants adjustments.</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>Well sadly I bought this product. Although it technically 'worked' I didn't feel the light was strong enough for what I wanted to use it for. When I tried to return it LESS than a week later they refused siting they have a no return policy. Anything you buy over the the internet that you don't even get to touch or see in person should be able to be returned so BUYER BEWARE. Also I believe I saw the exact same product in the B&H catalog for about $100 less and you can return that item if it doesn't do what you want it to do. </p>

<p>Well sadly I bought this product. Although it technically 'worked' I didn't feel the light was strong enough for what I wanted to use it for. When I tried to return it LESS than a week later they refused siting they have a no return policy. Anything you buy over the the internet that you don't even get to touch or see in person should be able to be returned so BUYER BEWARE. Also I believe I saw the exact same product in the B&H catalog for about $100 less and you can return that item if it doesn't do what you want it to do. </p>