Does this mean I can now "play" in the Leica forum?

rick_waldroup3

It has been a running joke in my family for several years that I

have always wanted a Leica for Christmas. Well, as a slight joke,

my wife gave me a Leica Z2X P&S yesterday. It is in mint condition

(she got it off ebay). I currently use Bessas. So does this mean

that I can now "play" in the Leica forum? By the way, it really is

a neat little camera.

The criterion for being a member of this forum, as far as I am concerned, is to have a modicum of the "Leica Spirit". And anyone can define that spirit as they wish. To me it's an admiration of well engineered and manufactured equipment that can be used to produce pleasing images.

Welcome & congrats on the new camera - be warned that you will probably end up making your wife wish she never got the Leica for you since you will probably end up with "Leica Desire" & down the road start lying about the amount of money you spent, etc. & start selling off the china, silver & whatever else your Mother-In-Law got for you as gifts over the years...

Simply justify it with - "At least I'm not cheating on you" and other really convincing statements. Hopefully you are not in a park somewhere & a woman is using a Leica - you might have a choice to make if you are not happily married!

Seriously - have fun & if when asking questions don't get offended when some of the others attack you for not having searched the threads. This is a nice group in my opinion & I realize now that I never asked permission to play such as you have.

Always remember that you can only use the mother-in-law gifts a few times a year but you can shoot every day of the year with your new Leica - Have fun

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm not quite sure how you piss up a rope- but thanks anyway. I shoot a Bessa R2 and an R3A and I have a CV 35mm 2.5, a Konica Hexar 90mm, and the CV 40mm 1.4. I really hope to add some Leica glass to this setup. I really am having fun shooting this little P&S. And yes I will post some photos in the near future. Thanks to all.

To piss up a rope without making a mess: Rotate/Vertical in PS.

Could a mere Mamiyan/Yashican/Nikonian/Olympian like me have posted a "birdhouse" picture on that Leica thread? I guess not. But remember, "bokeh" was discovered and named by the Japanese....

I joined the National Assoc. of Retired People at age 30 (to use their credit union), because they admitted anyone who cared about the issues of the aged. But I feel much better, now that I'm a legitimate elderly member.

Speaking of German camera envy, a picture in one of Roger Hicks' books infected me with a horrible case of Technika envy. My wife would kill me if I spent four figures on a 50-year-old camera outfit, so death is the only cure. Drat you, Roger!

"Brandon's Dad"