Does IS work with extension tubes?

mark_stephan2

<p>I have 4 eos film bodies and one lens.<br>

I asked and it was suggested that I search on using OTHER<br>

non eos lenses to set the metering.<br>

Using any fullyautomatic cameraq with a lens not specificallyintended ( this incluses any other lens on an eos)<br>

will be awkward.<br>

Missing the electical connections and auto-focus is the first bad bump.</p>

<p>I have an older canon t-50. with any fd lens it is sort of a P&S casmera.<br>

the experts warn that any other ( non-fd) lens is not usable.<br>

I wonder about those folks who pay to modify FD lenses to fit and have infinity focus on an eos.</p>

<p>Personally, I think it would not only be awkward but slow and not worth the trouble and expense<br>

as well as ruining a good lens.</p>

<p>Possibly there COULD BE a set of tubes or a bellows with electrical contats.</p>

<p>Personally I still wish for a digital FD a or t saeries body.</p>

<p>It does if the set you get has a complete set of electrical connections. Typically they start at about 3-4x the cost of an 'empty' set of tubes (ie. ~$40 for a set of 3 w/ connections vs about $11-12 for a set of 3 (without)). I have a set w/ electrical connections, and it works fine with IS and all the other lens functions.</p>

<p>I recently purchased a Canon EF25 II extension tube and really love its capabilities. Canon states in its own literature that the EF25 II works with image stabilization. Others here have already confirmed that claim. Whether you have Canon equipment or not, I think an extension tube would be a great way for you to explore macro photography. Depending on what you buy, it's likely to be a cheaper option than obtaining a dedicated macro lens. Don't forget that your personal experience will vary depending upon the equipment you pair with whatever extension tube you get. And remember that focus is key! Use anything that helps, whether it's IS, a good tripod or a remote shutter switch. Good luck! </p>
David H