documental photography.

pawel_baranski

<p>For now the best way to get feedback on a documentary photo essay is to create a presentation. If I'm recalling correctly, the steps are:</p>

<ul>

<li>Go to your <a href="../pvt/home">workspace page</a>.</li>

<li>Click on <a href="../photodb/">"Manage Your Portfolio"</a>.</li>

<li>Scroll down to "<a href="../photodb/presentation-add">Create a new presentation"</a>.</li>

<li>Link to the photos you want to display in this presentation.</li>

</ul>

<p>Here are a couple of my older presentations:</p>

<ul>

<li><a href="../photodb/presentation?presentation_id=211194">Bad Moon Wine Again</a> (illustrating b&w film long exposure nighttime techniques).</li>

<li><a href="../photodb/presentation?presentation_id=398158">The Neighborhood</a>.</li>

</ul>

<p>They've received some constructive feedback even without my inviting anyone to view and comment. If you'd like relevant comments on a photo essay in context rather than individual photos lacking context, invite some like-minded photographers to view and comment your presentations.</p>

<p>If you're on Facebook, Google+, etc., you can post a link to the presentation - for now there doesn't appear to be a "Like" or "+1" button on presentations for sharing.</p>

<p>If you're a whiz with HTML you can do a little customizing of the format.</p>

<p>As I told you in the email I sent you earlier today:</p>

<blockquote>

I'm deleting your post from the Street & Documentary forum. Please see the forum guidelines: "Photo posting threads are allowed, but do not post strings of photos. If you want to show a group of photos, put them in a folder and provide a link" Feel free to upload at photo.net elsewhere, post one or two to give an idea, and post a link.<br /><br /><br /></blockquote>

<p>This is essentially the same as what Matt says in the first response above.</p>