Diving Lens 20mm f3.5

steve_bellayr

<p>I have two lenses that I recently purchased. On is the Nikonos 20mm f3.5 for diving which I am slightly familiar with its quality. The other lens is a Sea & Sea 20mm f3.5 w/viewfinder. I have been unable to find any information on this lens ref. is quality as compared to the Nikonos (Nikon) version. Is anyone familiar with the Sea & Sea lens, especially as it is compared to the Nikonos version?</p>

<p>Thanks for the link. I will answer my own question as I have done further research. Subsequently, I discussed this issue with a Nikonos repairman. To summarize his opinion the Nikonos line is substantially better than the Sea & Sea line. Whenever possible and it should always be possible stay with the Nikonos line of lenses. </p>

Steve, I have both of these lenses and agree that the Nikonos (Nikon brand) is the better of the two. The Sea and Sea

lenses were always a less expensive though well made alternative to Nikonos brand lenses and were used by some

professionals. I used the two interchangeably before I went digital. Good luck with it.