Display panels for art shows

Dennis,

I have sat and watched your query sit here unanswered for several days, (looking forward to the same information myself). Since no one has answererd your question, I will at least give you a lead to pursue. On "About.com" they have a section on craft fairs. Someone in those forums will definitely be able to suggest options and provider for you. Good luck.

Chuck

Hopefully you will get some other answers as well.

A few years ago myself and my dive partner were selling our underwater photographs at different craft, art shows etc. We found our best bet was 3 4'X 8'sheets of 1/4" or 3/8" finished plywood that we hinged together so that they could be folded for transport/storage and yet opened to provide a self standing display. Our photo's were displayed with various forms of mounting/framing. Some were even mounted into solid brass ships Portholes which had considerable weight.

I am certain that there are some lighter materials around. But consider the "hinging" at least three sections together to provide the self standing type display.

My .02cents worth

Good luck & best wishes

Jim J.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot help you on the display panels, but you may find something in advertisements in one of the art show newsletters listed on my website http://www.MiGallery.com select the link called "The Tool Chest", then "Marketing/Contest/Shows". I used to have a subscription to the grapevine which was very good for show info. Good luck on that or any of the other newsletter links.

I am not sure if this is considered expensive, but I found out about this place in a book and to me they seem inexpensive but i have only just begun to look around and when I search in google I can't find any other places to purchase these panels from. The website that was in the book is www.propanels.com. Hope this helps.

Look for "Pro Panels" manufactured by M.D. Enterprises in Dallas. They are quite nice looking...light weight easy for 1 person to handle...and they really help the presentation of your work. I have some that I will be selling at the end of the year...not sure where you are located...if you are interested and can wait till December feel free to get in touch.