Diopters for M4-2?

<p>Is there eyepiece diopter holders for my M4-2? Is the eyepiece supposed to unscrew? If so mine is too tight as I can't budge it. I just got a new pair of glasses and I thought I might try to cut a circle out of the center of the old ones (my correction hasn't changed) and place it in a blank holder if such a thing is available. I've tried my glasses but besides the metal eyepiece rim scratching my plastic lens you just cannot get close enough to see the frame lines even though the view with glasses is clear and sharp.</p>

<p>John,<br>

The eyepiece stays where it and the diopter screws into the eyepiece.<br>

You can get them from Leica or aftermarket. Last I checked, Leica had their's at $72, but that was awhile ago<br>

I have a spare +2 if that is what you are looking for. It's an aftermarket. You can email if interested.</p>

<p>John - FYI there is also a plastic piece you can screw into either the metal eyepiece or the diopter to avoid the metal scratching your glasses. DAG usually has them on his website (dagcameras.com). Some people just use a felt circle which has adhesive on one side.</p>

<p>Blank holders are not commercially available. A well-known repair person sent me two which he had sitting around, which he had machined for an unspecified purpose, and I got my optician to put into one of them a circular piece of glass lens of the correct power. Makes a world of difference even if it isn't terribly elegant. It may be possible to fit (held by friction) a piece of plastic lens into the existing eye-piece frame. I have seen the Leica versions advertised for $90 or thereabouts.</p>