Designing New 4x5 Cameras

camera_conjurer

<p>Really, I don't see any reason why not but, as Tim says get published everywhere even on Apug org. Okay its not gonna be a top 10 seller as they are probably all digis but remember in this digi age vi are less and less who shut with film.<br>

If the camera is good works well easy to operate and the price is right than you gonna sell.</p>

<p>Noah, pardon me for missing the point. Y'r video shows a converted Polaroid 110, or something much like one. Is that what you're thinking of making? If so, from the user's point of view what's your system's big advantage over a conventional back? That is, aside from elegance.</p>

<p>I always thought the Polaroid conversions were a good idea . . .but it is a BIG camera for a compact folder. I have thought something like a Mamya 7 in 4x5 would be neat: Rangefinder, interchabgeable lenses etc.</p>

<p> Another idea is something like the Polaroid SX-70. Folds up small and is an SLR. The configuration is adaptable to 4x5. Maybe a converted SX-70? Imagine an inverted Graflex Reflex operating backward (you have to close your eyes to see what I mean).</p>

<p>Yet another wild idea might be to start with a 6x12 body and expand it to 4x5 (10X12 cm). A couple of panoramic Holga pinhole bodies could be the basis for a proof-of-concept effort. They are plastic and not too dear.</p>

<p>What is possible?</p>