few times. the seemed/sounded like it didnt go back into place, so i couldnt

advance the film to take another shot. then after a little while it would. this

happend about 4 times. after i finished the roll and took the plate off, i was

appalled to find that the curtain wasnt even connected any more on the left

side!! wtf is going on!! i havent been shooting any differently, but obviously

its broke. is it worth fixing if its going to be like $700 and i can find

another m4 for maybe a grand? you think its better to have a new shutter in

this, or buy another m4 with a 40 year old shutter in it? can the magic be

restored in my baby, or are they just never the same after something like this?<div>00HZ9P-31622084.jpg.b101123dd6edc290e1fd7032e260c20d.jpg</div>

I had that same problem with an old M4. It didn't cost anywhere near $ 700 to fix. As I recall it was something like $ 350 or so. I agree with Al. Can DAG, Leica USA, et al. and get a few estimate for the work. Should be in the range of $ 300-400 not $ 700. When my M4 was returned, it worked perfectly.

> Jati

such a ting can happen. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But get your M4 repaired, you won�t regret it. Especially when you dish out a few Dollars for a general overhaul !

Just think about the money you pump into your car (besides the gasoline) to keep it moving. An automobile is a technical thing and has to be looked after. So is a camera. This is a minor repair actually, IMO ........ Many other things can happen to a camera.

Best

With a repair and a full CLA, you'll fall in love with it all over again. There's something really nice about how a camera that hasn't had a CLA in a couple of decades feels when it's been tuned up. The parts are even smoother than when they were new, and getting everything back to new-camera tolerances can make some aspects feel even better than new.