David Jay - Free to Succeed Tour..in NYC???

martha_d.

I registered for David Jay's Free to Succeed Tour on August 25th in New York City, NY a few months ago. When I registered the location

was The Sheraton New York City, NY which was perfect for me since I'm located in Northern NJ. I just got on-line to check on the time

the seminar starts and it now says New York City, NY - Long Island City!!! This is in Queens, NY not New York City, NY! I have been

looking for a contact where I can get a hold of someone in hopes to get my money back. Has anyone come across this same problem?

David - Thanks! I will try my best to get out to Queens but if I am not able to...who should I contact for a refund? My plan

was to drive in from Northern New Jersey but I am not familiar with Queens what so ever. I was born and raised in NYC

(Manhattan) so when I saw that the seminar was going to be in "New York City, NY" my assumption was Manhattan, I have

never heard of Queens being in New York City, NY. Once again, I will try my best since I was looking forward to attending

and also think you are a gifted photographer.

My wife was born and raised in Manhattan. She always insisted, vehemently I might add, that Manhattan "is" New York City and Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Bronx are the boroughs "thereof." Even though technically the city is made up of the five boroughs, but Manhattan is the center of it all.

Hi Martha,

I am sure you signed up for the "Free to Succeed" cause you heard AWESOME things about DJ and Jasmine* . If

you are driving from NJ its just another 20-25mins drive to the Sheraton LaGuardia from Manhattan and it's easy

parking !

I have had the pleasure of meeting DJ in person and hear him speak in several ocassions - trust me it will be worth

the drive (I am sure you know that - already).

Hope to see you all there - can't wait !! If you haven't signed up yet, here is the link to do so -

http://getit.davidjay.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=75

"I was born and raised in NYC (Manhattan)... I have never heard of Queens being in New York City, NY."

As Phil Greenspun said, "What ever school you attended owes you a refund."

FWIW, mail sent to different places in NYC are addressed differently. Manhattan gets: NY, NY. Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Bronx are addressed Borough Name, NY. Queens gets Neighborhood Name, NY, i.e., Forest Hills, NY.

LIC is real close to LaGuardia. (see first comment, you may also be entitled to a refund)

Anyone semi-serious about pianos knows where LIC is, because the Steinway factory is there.

• 2 weeks later...

Long Island City is just a subway stop away from one of the lines leaving from Grand Central Station - at least it was many moons ago.

I agree by the way - NYC is Manhattan. Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens aka BBQ is usually called "geographically undesirable" by Manhattanites.