D90 stock

dennis_brabender

<p>I posted recently in another thread that a manager from my local camera shop informed me that the D90 can no longer be ordered from Nikon USA. </p>

<p>What does that mean? I leave you to speculate.<br>

(Photokina is just a few weeks away and I expect an announcement by then.)<br>

RS </p>

<p>I'm currently using a D40 and will probably be upgrading very soon. Would really like a flip screen but it doesn't look like that is going to be an option in any of the new models. I would like an internal, motor bracketing and more megapixels (for cropping) and a bigger screen. Video with autofocus might be interesting but not a priority. Maybe I'll end up waiting for the D300 successor.</p>

<p>You have to figure Nikon is about ready to do something. Its been 3 years since the D300 was released(I really dont consider the D300s as a new model), 2 years for the D700, and 2 years for the D90. I would say they are primed to offer 3 new models.</p>

<p>Just my opinion,</p>

<p>Kevin</p>

<p>Well, I'm glad I got ahold of mine before they ran out. I think it's still a very worthwhile camera, and have no intention of replacing it until I really have to.</p>

<p>That said, the signs are obvious aren't they. But then what if the replacement is 2 or 3 hundred bucks more than the refurb I bought? I couldn't have afforded it then.</p>

<p>Cameras seem to get updated, especially since the advent of DSLR, every few years. You buy new, and in a short time, your new camera body is a discontinued item. Ho hum; certainly doesn't mean that the body you bought is outdated. I bought a new D90 from B&H in June (I think it was $779), and I'm still learning all the functions! I have no intent of getting the "latest and greatest" just because there's a new model; it would have to do something that I truly need. I got the D90, while using my prior Nikon 35mm AF lenses on it, as I can't afford the newer DX lenses at this time, and I still get amazing results. Of course, there's a lot of debate over the "need" for DX lens upgrades.. Anyway, can't say enough good things about the D90, it's everything I need and more....</p>

<p>The D90 is a great combination of ease of use for the beginner and plenty of options and customization combinations for advanced user. Size is just right (for me) light weight and ergonomics. I can see using this camera for years to come as I get great images with it.</p>