D2Hs menu problem & battery

pete_resetz

<p> I recently purchased a VERY used D2Hs and can't access the IMAGE SIZE function in the custom menu. It's highlighted in a lite blue color instead of white and scrolling will skip over it. Read the user manual, but if anyone has had to decipher a Nikon manual will agree that their written in a rather convoluted manner and not wanting to wait until Monday or so to get a response from Nikon can anyone please advise me as to what's what with it. <br>

Also, I need a new EN-EL4 battery for it. Aside from a Nikon battery, does anyone offer a high quality aftermarket brand that is a little more reasonably priced, and a Type B II focus screen for it. This one has some Valles Marineris sized scratches in it. Can only guess at how that happened.<br>

Bought it for $150.00(US) because I thought I messed up my D1X when I let it fall of a table. Turned out it was a registry error with my computer. Live and learn. Beside what good is owning a pro camera if you can't do dumb stuff with it. This D2Hs looks like it's been to Afghanistan then Iroc then tied to truck bumper and dragged home. But other then the IMAGE SIZE issue, it works great.<br>

Thanx.</p>

<p> Think your right with the after market batteries. The only one I would consider is Lenmar who actually has a warranty on their battery packs. They go for about $65.00(US) if one can find them. I'll try the Lenmar when I get one and report on its performance. I'm also considering rebuilding a battery pack with Sanyo or Gates cell's. I did that with a EN-4 pack for a D1X I own. Latter I converted another EN-4 pack to a battery tray to use two 3.6 volt 18650 Li-on cells. </p>