D200 camera strap

gordon_woodward

Just picked up a new D200 today, how do you attach the supplied camera strap to

the body? My D200 strap has no thin ends to loop through the strap eyelets on

the body and nothing else in relation to the strap was included in the

packaging. The manual/quick reference guide mentions nothing about an added

accessory to attach the strap with.

I agree about the Optech strap. I have a set of 'tails' permanently installed on each of my

camera bodies (a D70 and two old EOS film cameras) and just one strap. Whenver I go out

with a camera I attach the strap to whichever camera I'm taking.

Actually, sometimes if I'm just going out locally (walk across the field, for example) I just

carry the camera with a single (small) lens, e.g. 35mm f2. Then instead of using the strap, I'll

just clip the ends of the tails together, and wrap the loop around my wrist when I'm holding

the camera.

Thanks, maybe I'll look for a new strap tomorrow.

I did see the instructions in the manual but there is something missing from my kit that will allow me to attach the strap. All I have is bare strap eyelets on the camera and a strap with thick ends that will not thread through the tiny eyelet holes.

"All I have is bare strap eyelets on the camera and a strap with thick ends that will not thread through the tiny eyelet holes."

There's your problem and another strap won't help. The camera should have come with little metal triangles (lug rings) attached through the tiny eyelet holes (lugs). You would thread the strap through the lug rings, not the lugs. Contact the store where you bought the camera or Nikon and get a pair of lug rings.

Nikon, Canon, and other manufacturers have the camera model name screaming out in big yellow letters on the black strap. This is not to everyone's taste. I find it unsightly.

Is there a good alternative to the one supplied with the camera?