D200 and SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash 64 GB Flash Memory Card

chris_gosby

<p>I have a D200 and have purchased a SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash 64GB Flash Memory Card. When I placed it in my camera it read "full". I have formatted it twice and it is still showing the same. Any suggestions?</p>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="560">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="center" valign="top"> </td>

<td valign="top"></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>Re-format it on a computer once, then in the D200 camera.<br>

I never used 64 GB in D200 when I had it. Possibly the 32GB is the limit ?<br>

By the way, Sony's NEX-5N nicely splits huge memory space into half for movies, and half for still pictures. Not sure if there is another way to configure this ? Perhaps people would prefer to be in charge of how the memory is utilized ? - not necessarily for consumer grade cameras.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have a D200 and have purchased a SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash 64GB Flash Memory Card</p>

</blockquote>

<p>According to Nikon's list of approved CF-cards for the D200, the max. size is 8GB ....<br /> Here is a list on the Dutch Nikon site, don't know where to find it on the other international sites, but just scroll down till you see D200 , and it should be understandable whataver your native mothertongue is....... :<br /> <a href="https://nikoneurope-nl.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27268">https://nikoneurope-nl.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27268</a></p>

• 3 years later...

<p>I just got a 64 GB UDMA7 300X Lexar CF card to work on my Nikon D200 by downsizing it.<br>

Out of the package after plugging it into my D200 I got a "FOR" message. Formatting the card renamed the drive and added a DCIM folder, but showed a 0 frames remaining count (FULL). So it wasn't a whole lot of good to me at that point.<br>

I really couldn't find any useful information on the net after many searches and ended up using trial and error to get this card to work.<br>

I used a partition tool ("MiniTool Partition Wizard Free") to resize the partition to ~32 GB (actually I used 32757.51 MB or 31.99 GB), and then formatted the card in FAT32 (NOT exFAT of NTFS) with a cluster size of 64 kB (Default or 32 kB seem to work too).<br>

I wasn't able to get it to work for >31.99 GB. But I now have a card that takes about 2000 images... which is more than enough for my needs.<br>

I know this is a very old thread, but at least this provides better guidance than comments like "Nikon says the max card size is 2 GB so you're out of luck"</p>