CV 21/4 S can it be modified for M mount?

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by pensacolaphoto, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Has anyone seen a modification of an S mount CV 21/4 into M mount somehow?
    I have read that this version cannot be mounted on the Leica M8 or M9.
    Raid

2. I read that even with an adapter, like the Amedeo adapter, it will not mount on the M8.

3. It absolutely cannot. Get the 21/4 in M mount. Less hassles than fiddling with the S mount.

4. Humm. I have said lens in S mount and used it on my M3 and M4-P with an M adapter all the time.
    Why doesn't it fit on an M8 or M9?

5. Anthony: No clue, but it seems to be so. I have the M8/M9 abd also M3/M6. I will try the lens out on the M3.

6. Alex: This is too late now. I do have a Nikon S3 2000, so I can use this lens on it. I want also to use the lens on M cameras.

7. My bad. When you say CV 21mm f/4 S I think you are refering to the Nikon S / Contax mount version. I was thinking that you meant the CV 21mm f/4 Leica screw mount version ("S").
    My CV 21mm f/4 is a Leica screw mount.
    My CV 25mm is a Nikon/Contax mount. I now understand the issue.

8. I am new to the Nikon S system, so I needed a couple of good lenses. I got the wonderful 50/1.4 Millenium Nikkor, but that was my only lens. Then I got for a very good price a clean CV 21/4 in Nikon S mount. I have the CV 25/4 in LTM mount. My thoughts were that having a 21 and a 50 lens should be sufficient.

9. Well, you are limited in rear projection for the M5 and CLs because of the meter arm. I have an M8 but don't have that
    lens or an S mount lens.

10. I read about not being able to mount this S mount lens on tne M8 or M9. I am now curious if the lens mount of the
    lens can be modified somehow so that it can be used on these cameras.

11. I think there was a classic adapter made, but rare and frightfully expensive. That means the lens-to-film distances work, so it's possible a third party makes such adapters, or a qualified camera mechanic could machine one. If I had it, the first thing I'd do is use my Millenium Nikkor on an M.

12. Frederick,
    I use my Millenium Nikkor on my M cameras with an adapter made by Amedeo (out of Venezuela). He sells this
    adapter on ebay for aout $240. It is very well made.

13. Cool ... why can't you use that adapter on the 21mm VC S-mount to mate it to an M body?

14. It does not work with this lens. The adapter is for the 50mm lens.