CS3 keyboard shortcut for Flatten Image

<p>I searched for CS3 keyboard short cuts for the PC on Google. I wanted to know the shortcut for Flatten Layers or Image. On the PC I found that Ctrl-Alt-Shift-0 or letter o should flatten. But I could not get either of those key combinations to work. <br>

Anyone have an idea how to flatten a layer stack with a keyboard shortcut?<br>

thanks,<br>

pat</p>

<p>You can merge all visible layers with ctl-shift-E, and you can edit the keyboard shortcuts to create a shortcut for Flatten. Flatten is in the list of possible shortcuts you get when you select Window->Workspace->Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus, but it doesn't have a keyboard shortcut. You can define one with Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts--look up the procedure in the Help file.</p>

<p>Ctrl+E is merged down..it will do the job but its not officially a Flatten image command, very different result and utility.</p>

<p>What i have done is create a new action, using F11 as my key and record a flatten action with it, that way when i press the key the whole image is flatten.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the input. I am not looking to merge the layers as I already do that. I did need to assign the correct keyboard shortcut to the correct Application Menu. <br>

To do this I used Charles' path to the Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus, Window>Workspace>Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus. Next I selected, the SET as Photoshop Defaults. Then I set the Shortcuts For: to Application Menu. I chose Layers>Flatten (it is toward the bottom of the list). I clicked in the Shortcut space and held down the Shift-Ctrl-Alt-0(Zero) keys. This was then spelled out in the box and I pressed the Accept button.<br>

Works great!<br>

I got the keyboard shortcut from the following list.<br>

<a href="http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/shortcuts/downloads/PSCS3_Keyboard_Shortcuts_PC.pdf">http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/shortcuts/downloads/PSCS3_Keyboard_Shortcuts_PC.pdf</a><br>

thanks,<br>

pat</p>