Cross Processing at home

Anybody tried using a two bath C41 Colour Film "Press Kit" chemicals

to cross process E-6 film at home?

The big photo supply shop in town had them on sale the other day and

when I saw it, it had cross processing written all over it.

If no one has tried this, I'll tell you all in weeks time...

Also can these kits be used for 120 film??? All the times are listed

as 35mm, I would assume you just made up the right amount of

chemistry for 120 and used the 35mm times?

Stu :)

I've not used this specific brand of C41 chemistry, but all chemistry "should" be the same, ie a dev time of 3:15 at 100F, as this is the C41 "standard" ... though it can vary a bit for chromogenic film.

So, all C41 colour film uses the same dev time, irrespective of format or make ... when it comes to cross-processing, "your mileage may vary" ;-)

I quite happily process C41 and E6 film in the same tank at the same time and experience no problems with the negative film. You may read that E6 should be over-exposed (from it's nominal rating) when destined for cross-processing. I've not found this to be the case.

Bear in mind that the conventionally printed results from a cross-processed E6 negative will differ significantly from the results achieved from scanning the same negative. Colour paper "expects" the orange mask of a C41 negative (obviously), but this mask acts as a "contrast reducer", hence the wider range of contrasts achievable from a colour negative than a slide. When scanning, this mask is corrected, for the purpose of reproducing a "true-colour" scan, so when an E6 negative is scanned the results are very much more like a conventional colour negative scan, once you've made adjustment for the lack of orange mask on the negative.