Could use some help with calibration & edit software, etc.

<p>Having issues with calibration and Spyder3 Pro. On top of that the View NX2 is not exactly to my liking. I was thinking of getting a Lightroom, since the CNX2 can't convert my D610 NEF files. I've emailed Nikon, but their help is no help.</p>

<p>The Datacolor folks are not much help either. One computer (Win XP) calibrates photos certain way and when I view it on Win 7 (seperate computer) the images turn appx 1.5-2 stops darker - calibrarted w/same software and viewed on the same monitor. After about 10 e-mail exchanges, I'm still at the starting point = nowhere. </p>

<p>What are my options ? Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated.</p>

<p>Les</p>

<p>Check the default gamma of your systems. I think there was a change from XP to W7. Also check if you are using the same parameters. Check the settings output on your video cards.....<br>

Aside from the obvious of calibrating the 2 computers in the same manner under the same gamma output.<br>

But, now that I realize you said same monitor.....<br>

How did you calibrate for one system using the monitors onboard settings, lets say the XP. Then when you switch to the W7 computer, made the calibration adjustments.<br>

My question would be, how do you change the monitor adjustment to the calibration setting you made for each?<br>

<br />You see when you calibrate your screen, you would likely have made changes to the monitor under XP. Different changes would need to have been made using a differnt computer with different video card, and as mentioned earlier, I think W& changed gamma settings (1.8 vs 2.2? something like that)</p>

<p>Try to narrow down your variables. </p>