Copyright names?

lacey_smith8

<p>I am wanting to use my kids name for my business but then I want to include what I love capturing such as Children and pets. So I can't decide if I can come up with anything that goes with my kids name OR including things that I love taking pictures of.<br>

Anyone have good suggestions? <br /><br />My kids name is Temperance and Shawn .... <br>

I thought of Purrs&Giggles .... but sounds kinda corny. lol <br>

Any help?</p>

<p>When you choose a company name, be thinking about the fact that your tastes, aspirations, chosen subjects, or likely market not only may, but likely <em>will</em> change over time. Sometimes much faster than you might expect. <br /><br />Let's say that you find yourself good at shooting engaging portraits, and you're asked to do some headshots of the board of directors for a local company. Can you hear the receptionist, now? "Mr. Smith, can you please go to the conference room? Purrs & Giggles is set up there to get those photos for our annual report."<br /><br />You get the idea. Better to form a company with a name that doesn't quickly lose its attempt a novelty, and which lends itself to all sorts of other activities, as you grow. That doesn't mean you can't hand out cards featuring a <em>division</em> of your company, or a <em>product line</em>, or a web site that uses a topical name related to a specific genre. Just remember not to paint yourself into a corner, name-wise.<br /><br />And, read what Professor JDMvW has mentioned. The first rule of dealing with intellectual property matters (like trademarks and copyrights) is to understand what they are, and what the each are <em>not</em>.</p>