contact sheet/proof sheet software for Mac

Could you maybe share exactly what you are looking for in printing contact sheets?

Also, have you looked at Graphic Converter?

If you would like, email me what specifically you want to see in a contact sheet, and I can make a pdf for you, and email it back, so you can see what it can do, or, alternately, you can download it and try it out yourself at <http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/index.htm>. It's all of $30 to buy, btw, and has rather generous terms for trying it out. Give it a workout and see if it does what you want...

-Jon

Thanks for the responses. Imagebuddy is the best I've used, because you can control many variables, such as adingd a page caption, choosing "all tall" or "wide," etc. But there are some annoying things, like you can choose to print images at 288 or 360, but not 300 dpi. Plus there's something odd going on, but I'm not sure if this is an Imagebuddy problem, or something to do with OS X or Epson. When I choose "margins" in image buddy, and the left and right are set at .25, the left side is narrower, and that's how it prints. I've found it virtually impossible to print contact sheets from Imagebuddy with even borders on the left and right.

I'll try automator and Graphic Converter.

The Automator solution is nifty, but I don't think it's going to do the trick. Can I program this to add the file nubmers? Add a page caption? Have all images horizontal?

Also: with Graphic Converter, I don't see a "proof sheet" or "contact sheet" option. Would I use "print folder"?

<<Also: with Graphic Converter, I don't see a "proof sheet" or "contact sheet" option. Would I use "print folder"?>>

Sorry, I should have explained. When GC opens, you can go to the File menu, and choose "Browse folder". Find the one you want, and choose it. It opens a browser window. In that window's toolbar is an icon, catalog.

First hilite all the images you want to print, and then click on the button, and choose the first option, I believe, "Print..." That will pop up a window with quite a number of options. That should show you want you need to know.

-Jon

J:

Technically it is a misnomer to call a digital proof sheet a "contact sheet," but it's one of those terms that has taken on a new meaning. Photoshop uses "contact sheet" even though there is no film in contact with photo paper. I've also read in newspapers and magazines about TV news crews "filming" a story, even though TV news hasn't used film in decades.