Confusing picture Size limits for posting

DickArnold

<p>Positng picutres in various fora has become quite confusing to me. I thought 700 was the standard dimension for the largest picture side but now I find it's 680. Some places there is no limit on actual file size and others it is 100k after I thought it was 200 only to be rejected after uploading at 200 earlier. I have been batching to 700 on the long side for PN. It would be nice to standardize this. I just want to know what the rules are! I was on a thread where this guy was uploading picures 1800 wide with impunity except that you had to open the picture. Is it possible to just have one rule for uploading. 100K file size is kind of skimpy for quality IMO. But if it is required for system capacity I will gladly do it. I will conform to whatever guidance PN puts out. What is frustrating is to try and post, be rejected and have to go back to PS to resize a picture. Maybe I am just confused and someone can clarify this for me. Thank you. </p>

<p><strong>In the forums:</strong></p>

<p>The largest dimension you can upload/attach or hotlink and still have it appear inline (meaning not as a link) is 700 pix wide and under 100K in size. You can attach/upload larger images, but they will appear as a link. You can hotlink larger images but they will be resized to 700 pix wide for display.</p>

<p><strong>In the gallery:</strong></p>

<p>Images that you upload to the your PN gallery need to be no larger than 1500pix on the longest side and under 3mb in size. They also need to be JPEG's.</p>