Compatibility on Nikon D60 Digital Camera

coneected

<p>Will the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f2.8 Pro FX Lens operate on a Nikon D60 Digital Camera? I shoot both digital and film and would like for the lenses I purchase to operate on both cameras. I understand it will work on my Nikon F5, but will it also work on my Nikon D60?</p>

<p>Nikon lenses and camera bodies share a common mount, so lenses will "work" on many models. However they may not meter or autofocus on certain bodies. I am unfamiliar with the lens in question, but if it doesn't have its own motor, ie relies on a screwdriver motor within the camera body, and works on an F5, I believe the autofocus would work on also on the D60, it being an older digital in the Nikon line. I've notused a D60, but at one time I did have a D100 and managed to use many non-Nikon lenses on it...however the "Program" mode of exposure wasn't available, only manual or aperture priority.</p>

<p>Do you really need f/2.8 at those focal lengths? If not, you'd probably be happier with Nikon's 16-35/4. Mostly because it's smaller, lighter, optically better, and <em>it takes filters</em>. You can't use filters with the Tokina you mention - and if you shoot film with that F5, that might be something to think about.<br /><br />Yes, it will work on a D60, but 16mm isn't terribly wide on DX. </p>