Color Management- still sRGB for the world?

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by conrad_hoffman, Jun 6, 2021.

1. digitaldog

digitaldog Andrew Rodney

All I'd need is a profile from each (same paper) and I can plot gamut in 3D and as useful, gamut volume and further plot all against a small TIFF of Conrads green flowers!

2. Sorry Conrad. I thought it was one of the 10 cartridge Canons that have a red and green cartridge in addition to those above.

3. It varies model to model. The older Pro 9000 II, which was the predecessor to the Pro-100, had red and green cartridges, I believe. As Conrad mentioned, the Pro-100 has neither, and neither does the successor, the Pro 200. The 9-ink (plus Chroma Opimzer) and the 11-ink (plus chromo optimizer) Prograf 300 and 1000 have red inks but no greens.

4. Still paddling along with the Canon i9900. eight inks, including green. Replaced one printer head about 3 years ago. It's about 15 years old, I think.

5. Hey, I loved my i9900 but I think the deal on the PRO-100 was so good I couldn't justify a print head. Or possibly there was something else wrong with it.

6. My Pro 100 was bundled with my 5D III years ago. Hard not to upgrade when the upgrade is free.