Colenta 30 AT Processor

I've gotten my hands on a Colenta 30 AT processor. Now I need to figure out how to use it!

It's not shown on the Colenta website, and is old enough to say "made in West Germany". The fellow who used it

before me was processing cibachromes and e6 in it. I've written Colenta, but have so far not gotten any joy from

them.

Does anyone have working experience with these Colenta units? It's a rotary system, and not a paper processor

with roller transport.

Any help would be fantastic. I'm dreaming of 8x10 colour pinholes. Help me achieve that dream :)

Thanks!

You may be able to get info from Colenta in Paramus, New Jersey.

I was the California sales manager for Colenta in the 80s...we never had decent documentation on the drum processors... we'd stopped selling them by 1985 or so.

I think they were always (allegedly) made in West Germany, though Colenta had a mysterious background that involved a brilliant East German engineer (who designed Colenta's roller transport machines) . I suspect most Colentas wound up in Mexico and Central America.

If it's running right it processes EVERYTHING well, with occasional losses due to inevitable handling errors. The 30 is the little one, which is good. I don't think any other one-shot machine approached Colenta's performance and durability.

Some were made in 60 cycles for US market. The European versions were 50 cycles so they self-destructed in the US at 60 cycles.

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Thanks for the reply. I've been in touch with a fellow from Mediaphot in Franklin, CT.

He's identified my machine as being made in 1975, and is trying to track down a manual from a warehouse in Austria.

I'm sort of boggled by how little information there is on the web for this machine. *nothing* comes up. In this day and age, that's pretty weird, all things considered.

I'm still dying to get going with it. Someone just gave me 50 rolls of 35mm Provia, which I will take as a sign. If I don't get an e6 run happening in the next month, I'll be gutted!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

<p>A late response: I have two Colenta's 30A, one to use and one for spares. More important: I have a (poor) copy of the repair manual with spare parts list (over 30 pages). It covers models 30A and 30H. Probably unfortunately for you the documentation is in German language only.<br>

Let me know how I can be of help.</p>

<p>Regards,<br>

Fred</p>

• 1 year later...

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Vassos, I have the option to buy a Colenta 60. Could I ask you to describe this unit, whether it's likely to be setup as an e6 machine and could I install a custom made reel that holds 50 feet of super 8.</p>

<p>Is it programable and I imagine it must be reliable if you used on a daily basis for such a long time.<br>

What parts are likely to go and is it servicable?</p>

<p>If buying such a machine, what parts are essential, I'd hate to buy it and discover it needs some obscure part. Reels are the obvious thing.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

• 2 weeks later...