Chicago's Cloud Gate Photo Restrictions

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by solareslarrave, May 27, 2005.

1. One bit of good news for those living or visiting Chicago: the photography ban on Cloud Gate (aka The Bean) was removed. In the past, the guards were stopping people from photographing the statue, especially those coming with a tripod or doing wedding shots. Now... they're charging professionals a fee, but for the rest of us, it's back to what it used to be.
    Check out the article HERE
    Let us all have fun!
    [​IMG]
    Finding herself (M6TTL, Hexanon 35/2, Scala)

2. I was shooting last summer with a tripod and Kowa 6, as well as my CLE, and was approached and asked by a guard whether my shots were for personal use. I said yes, and he bid me happy shooting and continued on his way.

3. Couldn't find my bean shots per se, but here's another from nearby that day.
    00CLH2-23773384.jpg

4. I didn't get any grief when I visited and took pictures, either. From last fall. Click on thumbnail for a larger version:
    [​IMG]

5. Btw, I think we photographers do owe sculptor Anish Kapoor a shoutout for making one of the most optically interesting landmarks anyone could ask for!

6. Ahh finally, stupidity lost.

7. Does this mean you can use your tripod at ANYTIME - not just "after 9:00 am", for non-pro's?