CD pricing?

y_liranzo

<p>I need some help about pricing all the 3,000 pictures I took of my client's wedding (my best friend's sister)and burn it in a CD. This was my first job and we agreed on a price for about 300 pictures I already gave her and now, she wants all the images I took and is willing to pay me but I have no idea how much it will cost. I need some ideas/advice to come up with a price.<br>

Please and thank you in advance!</p>

<p>From what I have read on here... you do not want to do this. I am not a wedding photographer, but here is what I've learned by reading on here:</p>

<p>Those images represent you. If you give her all of your photos, and she shows he friends some of the "not so good" photos... that makes a bad reputation for you. </p>

<p>Maybe you could ask her to proof them and pick out some more specific photos for you to print off? That way you could go through the editing etc before you give them to her. I know at my wedding, we had a relative take the photos. We received a couple of cd's with all of the photos. That being said, I think less of him as a photographer today because they were not edited and... I thought could have been much better.</p>

<p>Oh, trust me I know about that if I do plan on giving her all the pictures that it may mess up my reputation. So, I decided the ones that look not so great or could not be edited I will NOT put in the CD. Besides, this client lives in another state so its harder to let her pick and choose the ones she wants since she did not want her pictures uploaded to the clients login site. This makes it difficult. Since she lives in a different state Im not too worried about my reputation there. I kept giving her other options, so that I didnt have to send all her pictures but she's eager to pay for them. I have to figure out a price for her *sigh</p>

<p>Since it's part of the same day, same event, how much did you charge her for the 300 you gave her already? Now she wants 10x as many photos, charge her 10x as much. A little exaggerating, but the point being are you still going to edit these 3000 and spend as much time editing them as you did the 300? Your time is your money. Get paid for it. Even if she lives in another state, word of mouth is still very fast. Especially with today's technology. </p>

<p>Do you have a contract? What does the contract say? Does it stipulate 300 images? In all honesty, all of this should have been covered prior to the wedding. Now it is just a can of worms. <em>Why</em> does she want all the images. Is there something specific she is looking for? I would proceed with caution. If you gave her the 300 best images, that means the rest aren't as good and that might make her unhappy. Not giving her the images might make her unhappy. Maybe the shot she is looking for was out-of-focus and she won't get it anyway and that will make her unhappy. Can of worms. For me, I wouldn't even attempt to edit 3,000 images beyond deleting junk, and adjusting exposure and white balance. And even that will take at least a days worth of work. Given that we don't know what your contract states or what you have already charged or how long you intend to spend on these images, we can't possibly tell you what to charge.</p>

<p>When I read this, I assumed she figures that the CD will be cheaper and she can get more images printed for less of a cost than going through you. Maybe consider downsizing the output to the CD to barely web quality, so she can look at them on her computer but can't print them.</p>