Canon G9 updated?

i don't think it has been around for long or for that matter has that much wrong with it to necessitate an update. what i would add to the g series would be either a bulb mode or ability to do exposures longer than the 15 seconds it allows.

definitely don't buy it... or any digital camera, because there will be something way way better being announced next month, or

next week, or maybe right now, i better click over to dp review to check...

seriously though, the G9 fixed a bunch of the G7 complaints rather quickly, canon really put the petal to the metal on that one,

i wouldn't expect another replacement any time soon. every camera on the market could be improved somehow, it'll happen,

it just takes time.

If your question is really "should I buy one now or wait?" - buy one now. It's a great camera for the price. I use Series One EOS bodies and have high expectations of a camera. I use the G9 as my 'go everywhere' camera and the only thing that would be nice in a revision is a better signal to noise ratio at ISO above 400. Other than that, this is a great little camera. Several pro photog friends of mine - who are extremely picky about any equipment seem to have very few bad words about the G9,