Canon G10 <> How to process RAW in CS3?

er1

<p>Actually yes, it happened only for someone who just recently purchased the CS3 and the CS4 was released not long after I think. But anyway, I am also not very happy with Adobe's decision not to support newer cameras with their older software. It's indirectly forcing you to buy new product. Not a very good product support IMO. I mean I would rather they ADD extra/better features for their new product to lure customer to upgrade instead of going the "leave you in the dust" path.</p>

<p>Lumix LX3 RAW also only supported by CS4 too.</p>

<p>[[i picked up a Canon G10 and wondered why I can not open the RAW images in CS3?]]</p>

<p>Because Adobe Camera RAW for CS3 doesn't and will not support the G10.</p>

<p>The best solution is, as was mentioned, to download the free Adobe DNG conversion program and convert the Canon RAW files to Adobe's RAW format (DNG). CS3 will open DNG just fine.</p>

<p>As far as I know, a non-Adobe DNG editor does not exist. Once you get it into DNG, what do you do with it? This reminds me of magnetic tape, the most infamous write-only format of the past. Although GIMP, Corel, and Silkypix (haven't checked others) profess support for DNG, it is read-only support.</p>

<p>Rob, you need to research harder than simply googling for links. None of these "supporters" can write a DNG file. All they can do is read it. If you find otherwise, I'll admit I was wrong, but I don't think I am.<br>

I don't see the point in archiving unedited DNG. Most images have "obvious" changes such as hot-pixel removal, CA cancellation, and distortion correction. If I can't save a DNG file with these corrections, I might as well archive RAW, or JPEG 2000. In fact I predict JPEG 2000 is going to be the favored long-term solution, not DNG.</p>