canon eos d10 picture samples

gremlinpdp

If I were to join photo.net today, ask the this question and get the same responses here, I would want my money back and I would never visit this site again.

[rant]

3 out of four comments here are asinine rather than helpful. The man asked for samples with detailed information and most of what he got were useless comments! It's obvious that Jake didn't even read the question!

1 in 4 comments were helpful here. If you can't address the question in a constructive manner then, for Pete's sake, SHUT UP!

What a collection of smart-asses...

[/rant]

Jason, I just got a 10D on Tuesday, after much agonizing deliberation. I set up a collection of odds and ends and shot it with mirror lockup at f/16 and 1.5sec, 100 iso, with my 100mm USM macro. The 12x18 I got back was simply better than anything I have been able to accomplish in 35mm.

I am having 12x18's of the same scene shot with Superia 400 and Sensia II 100 made up as well. I am hoping that the Photoshop enlargement from the D10 will beat both of my two practice films in quality, though I am already impressed enough to keep it.

From what I hear, the 10D/D60 spank Velvia and Provia up to 13x19", so this should be no contest.

I don't care to post large pics on threads but I can email you a .JPG if you like.

All the best,

Phil

Phil:

Would you mind posting your findings after you receive the two film prints? I have been scanning 35mm and 120 with a 120 Sprintscan, and making 13"x19" prints. I just got a 10D, and I am hoping that a carefully shot, and resed up file will produce satisfying 13"x19"s that rival my scanned film prints.

Thanks for the info

Dave

I'll go for a couple of 10D pics here, with specs: 1st shot of jumping track-man was using 28-135mm IS lens at f8, 1/180th of a sec. ISO 200, WB=Daylight, AI Servo mode, fine JPEG. 2nd shot of band was with 70-200mm 2.8L IS lens, f2.8, 1/45th (handheld) ISO 800, WB=auto, no flash. Shot in RAW mode then converted with Canon's software using camera defaults. Resized in PS7, but that's all. I have more shots with 100mm and 50mm macro lenses, respectively but in the interest of bandwidth I'll hold with these. The only thing I had set that wasn't "normal" was a +1 saturation on both shots... And I might add that they don't look anything like they did before I scrunched 'em down to put here - but you might get a rough idea. Best wishes... Beau..<div>004pX6-12090984.jpg.f7cd05b9e20f30ae8807a3e0750737eb.jpg</div>

Aww, what the hell... 100mm macro shot with 10D.. I dunno *what* happened with the Jumping man pic - it's color looks bad and didn't a minute ago... D'oh!! I switched PC's and something happened.. if you'd like a better copy Jason, I'll be happy to send it on... This one shot on tripod, AV-f22, TV-1 second Lens, 100mm f2.8 Macro, USM, ISO 100.. I probably left out some specs here or there; forgive me - it's been a long day.. Best wishes... Beau<div>004pXF-12091284.jpg.0eef25b0b96ec81db6cf4f2f40e8414d.jpg</div>

Jake: I quote Jason's original question here, "and tell me what lens you guys used, etc.?" Isn't it obvious Jason asked for details? I was concerned that a newbie got a bunch of short, one line responses that sounded capricious and flippant.

Dave: I will do that.

Attached is a pic shot at ISO 1600 in Fine JPG mode with 100 USM macro. f/2.8 at 1/90th on a monopod. Levels and 150% at .2 USM applied.<div>004pZB-12091984.jpg.30dc87075f0dfba2359112b7561b37cf.jpg</div>

Thanks Phil. It would seem to me that some people can not remember the excitment they went through when they first started shooting. I can although it was 20 years ago. I thought my old Canon range finder was the neatest thing since sliced bread even if I only made three decent shots with it the first ywears I owned it! I did not have anyone to teach me exposure for another couple years, I had to wing it.BTW, I am happy to say that I am just an ametuer. I have shot weddings for a pay and do portraits from time to time. I considered going pro but figured if I do that then I'll end up hating photogrpahy as much as I hate drywall and painting now! Any way, as an ametuer I can shoot anything I want and don't have to worry about it. Unless of course I can make a living shooting stock images and spend my life on vacation. And then only if my wife can do the marketing. I am a photogrpaher not a businessman.

That said Jason, if you need any help figuring out a problem exposure or trying to find the sweet spot in any given light drop me a note in my email. I am glad to help, I tutor for the photogrpahy program at the college I go to.