Canon EOS 5D Mk IV Autofocus Points

bertram schiller

Dear EOS users,

i upgraded my 5D MkII to the MkIV just recently. At the moment i am setting the camera to my liking, but there is one thing i don't get my head around. On the 5D MkII all avaiable autofocus points where visible and after a half push of the shutter button selectable with the joystick. On the MkIV, i always have to push the autofocus area button first to select my desired point. Is there a way that i can select my autofocus point directly without the need to push a button which makes the points active, like it was on the MkII?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Bertram

Dear EOS users,

i upgraded my 5D MkII to the MkIV just recently. At the moment i am setting the camera to my liking, but there is one thing i don't get my head around. On the 5D MkII all avaiable autofocus points where visible and after a half push of the shutter button selectable with the joystick. On the MkIV, i always have to push the autofocus area button first to select my desired point. Is there a way that i can select my autofocus point directly without the need to push a button which makes the points active, like it was on the MkII?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Bertram

Check page 495-503 of the manual.

Menu: Camera- Tab 3, Under Custom Controls, Select the multi-controller. Change to Direct AF Point Selection.

Is this what you are looking for?

Edited by greg_moss|5