Canon CR 2 files wont open with PS CS 3

<p>I've been using Photo Shop CS 3 with D700 NEF RAW files for 4+ years without difficulty.</p>

<p>Recently purchased a Canon s95 and updated my CS 3 to Camera Raw 6.0 which is supposed to cover the s95's CR 2 files. After a few Camera Raw uninstall and reinstall attempts I still can't get CS 3 to recognise the CR 2 files and yet the NEF files open like clockwork...... any clues/tips/advice would be most welcome.......</p>

<p>Matthew, I couldn't open my raw files from D5II too. So I used the DPP that comes with the camera. I sold the 5DII and have had no problems at all with M9 I bought last year (dng files). By the way, the Lightroom 3 is able to open the D5II files. Cheers. </p>

<p>The Camera Raw 6.x series supports both the Powershot S95 and 5D2, but CS3 does not support the ACR 6.x series, designed for CS5. Besides the options C.R. offered, there is also the free Adobe DNG converter, which will convert CR2 files to a RAW format which is compatible with the versions of ACR that work with CS3...</p>

<p>Well, Matthew, I found myself in a similar situation with a 60D as opposed to an older 7D... Just when I had gotten used to DNG, my arm was being twisted again. As a Mac user with older PCs, like a non-Intel G5, I can't upgrade even if I wanted to. But then I got used to working with DPP, as suggested, above... Files get saved as 350 dpi TIFF, which U can then open in any of the older Shops. CS4 in my case. I wouldn't quite say there's always a way. But often enough there is...</p>