Canon 6D Operaion

garth1

<p>Sorry guys, this is a really stupid question but I just can't find the answer in the manual. How do I turn on the LCD screen to act as a view finder ? I like to have the option of using either the optical or digital when I turn on the camera. Right now the LCD screen is black and using the info button does not get me my viewing screen.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>To make it a little easier, that mode is called "Live View" You'll find info about it under that heading in the manual.<br>

It's impossible to find stuff in Canon Camera manuals if you don't know what they called it. There's no cross reference and the so-called index is no help if you aren't familiar with the nomenclature.</p>

<p>Okay. I followed the instructions on P-179-81 which was what the camera was already set as. Pressing the start/stop button did get me the LCD view but the optical view was disabled. When pressing the shutter button with the LCD on there is a click like the shutter is opening but not closing or the mirror is locking up, but no picture is taken. Only after exiting the LCD view will it actually take a picture.<br>

Will the clear camera function return the camera to its default settings ? </p>

<p>Garth, sounds like you have "Quick focus" (mirror drop focus) enabled. It has two stages: focus and exposure<br /><br /></p>

<ol>

<li>Aim and half press shutter button: mirror flops and focuses (active AF point flashes green on the LCD). Retain half press on the shutter button to keep focus locked.</li>

<li>Without releasing the half-press, press all the way to take the picture.</li>

</ol>

<p>If you're not in a hurry, dive into the menus and enable contrast focus: no mirror drop and slower but some people prefer it (mellower/softer).</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter