Can anyone brint borderless 8x10 on Canon i9900?

Man, I just got all this 8x10 paper - it's Konica Minolta Satin and

it's really nice looking when used with the Canon i9900. However, I

can't get the Canon printer driver to print borderless 8x10!<BR>

I am scratching my head, amazed that this size would not be available

in the driver! How ignorant can the engineers behind ths be?<BR>

I'd really appreciate any help if anyone has figured out a way around

this.<BR>

Jed

Have you tried this:

1) Creat a 13x19 white (or transparent) document of appropriate color depth and resolution in your image editor

2) Select, copy and paste your 8x10 image into the 13x19 document, and align the image to the upper left-hand corner of the document

3) Load your i9900 printer with your 8x10 paper

3) Instruct your image editor / Canon i9900 printer driver to print the borderless 13x19 document with your preferred paper type and image quality settings (whatever you've determined is optimal for this stock)

I have an older S9000, but I've played similar tricks on it, successfully getting it to produce borderless prints on stock sizes not supported by the driver, but within the dimensions of other supported borderless stock sizes (4x6, 8.5x11 -- the only borderless print sizes it supports).

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. First I'd like to say, "it's pretty darn ignorant of them." I don't care what sizes Canon chooses to <i>SELL</i>, but as this printer is marketed as their best "PHOTO" printer, they should realize 8x10 is a very popular size for prints.<BR>

Try trimming 25 or so 8x10 prints from 8.5x11 (letter) paper at a time. It sucks enough that I ordered a bunch of 8x10 sheets so I could print borderless - or so I thought.<BR><BR>

Yeah, you can set a customized paper size to 8x10, but it won't let you select borderless printing when using a customized paper size - seems that it's just something turned off in the driver, which is rather dissapointing to me.<BR><BR>

Thanks for the tip about using different paper size - I actually did that with some 11x14 paper that I had - tricked the printer into thinking it was printing on 11x17, and it worked.<BR>

Well, I'll try to jerry-rig something here; just seems a petty thing that Canon could have put it in the driver to begin with.<BR>

Thanks,<BR>

Jed

>>Try trimming 25 or so 8x10 prints from 8.5x11 (letter) paper at a time. It sucks enough that I ordered a bunch of 8x10 sheets so I could print borderless - or so I thought.<<

I don't think the Canon manual and/or spec sheets says that one can print 8x10 media, does it? Their site states the following:

Built-in sheet feeder - 100 sheets @ paper weight 17 lb.

Envelopes - 10

High Resolution Paper (8.5" x 11") - 80 sheets

High Resolution Paper (11" x 17," 13" x 19") - 20 sheets

Matte Photo Paper (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets

Photo Paper Plus Glossy For Borderless Printing (4" x 6") - 20 sheets

Photo Paper Plus Glossy (5" x 7") - 10 sheets

Photo Paper Plus Glossy (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets

Photo Paper Pro (4" x 6") - 20 sheets

Photo Paper Pro For Borderless Printing (4" x 6") - 20 sheets

Photo Paper Pro (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets

Photo Paper Pro (13" x 19") - 10 sheets

Transparencies (8.5" x 11") - 30 sheets

Did you make sure it could do 8x10 before buying it? Sometimes websites have errors, it's relatively common. When in doubt, I always write the manufacturer's sales/cust. srvc to get the info in writing before I buy.

• 2 years later...
The Canon i9900 is my favorite photo printer. I have not been able to get it to print 8x10 borderless prints correctly using the Microsoft Picture Manager and Photo Printing Wizard. However, it will print correctly using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and also with Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 to format the print to 8x10 borderless.

• 1 month later...

It is very simple. Use the Canon supplied "PhotoRecords Print Modes"

from ZoomBrowser or wherever else you get to it. Click on "Borderless Printing" and "Use Canon Borderless Printing". Set paper size to "Letter". Then select "Set Page Margins" and make right margin = ".5" and bottom margin = "1.0" if you're in Portrait orientation OR right = "1.0" and bottom =".5" if you're in landscape orientation.

This has worked just fine for me with the newer Canon 8X10 paper and causes no problems at all for the printer. Good Luck.