Camera tossing

<p>Yeh, I saw this several months ago on another site. Some of it's pretty clever. Gives me an idea of what to do with that old Olympus P&S digicam I don't even use anymore. It works but it's a slowpoke, first generation model that's not much good now for anything else.</p>

<p>Cool, but I have my hands full just playing with camera movements with the camera in my hands. Try this 1/4 second exposure on for size, simple veritcal movement over the exposure. Until I feel like this, and for that matter regular photography have pettered out I am not about to undertake hurling my cameras through the air.</p><div>00TUfR-138657584.jpg.518e6654367affc5bcfe0e54fa4e0ca0.jpg</div>

<p>I'm still working at getting beyond <em>accidental </em>camera motion. Maybe, someday, when I get bored with the camera always being still, I'll give this a shot. Besides, by that time my equipment will be so outdated as to have no real value, anyway!</p>

<p>I came across on flickr couple of months ago and was (am still) amazed! It's quite neat what people can do, and I can't seem to match anything near to it. I tried with my point and shoot but got poor results. Granted, I only tried maybe for 30mins... I should give it another go... I think I should move away from the mantra "if at first you don't succed, move on to something else" to the classic "...try and try again..." :-P</p>

<blockquote>

<p>cats got downright ornery after the first few takes</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think Halsman had the same problem. Those cats just aren't in it for the long term. I know mine isn't. :)</p>