Camera settings for the Fall Colors

ricodemps

I am a rookie photographer and not very familiar with the settings on my camera. I do try to change the settings and

frequently I mess up my picutres and get the settings way out of wack.

I'm wondering what settings I should huse for going to see the fall colors in Colorado. It is basically shooting pictures

of trees and landscape items during the day. Any help that can be provided would be appriciated.

Thanks

Rico

<p>Rico,<br>

What kind of camera are you using?<br>

I would also suggest getting the book understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson See link<br>

It helpped me out a lot to understand how the settings are connected. <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003">http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003</a><br>

Its a great time of year for colours!</p>

<p>The book suggested by Peter explains the relationship between shutter speed and exposure really well. While other books and tutorials are well and accurate, Peterson presents it in a a way that registers quickly with learners.</p>

<p>While some may quibble with my suggestion in the interim but, I make it nevertheless. If you are not using a sturdy tripod, choose a shutter speed where the number matches or exceeds the number of the focal length of the lens. For example, if the lens focal length is 100mm, pick a shutter speed of 1/100 or more such as 1/125. For reasons you will learn later, this will help prevent camera shake and blurry photos. Make sure to change your aperture f/stop to a number where there meter shows a proper reading. You can take a few shots with slightly different settings to increase the chance of getting a good exposure. You can also try setting the camera to shutter priority so you can pick the shutter speed and the camera picks the aperture. Some people do the opposite and use aperture priority where you pick the aperture and the camera picks the shutter but you need to watch and make sure shutter speed is not too low. You don't need to do that with shutter priority.</p>

<p>Getting the book (you can get used if that helps) explains all this stuff and will make things much easier for you.</p>