Camera Scan vs Film Scanner – A Detailed Comparison

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Harald_E_Brandt, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hi again!
    I am the original poster, i.e the creator of this thread, where I first posted an article about my own camera scanning setup, and then an article about optimising the aperture. The camera I used was a Canon EOS 7D and a Canon EF-S 60/2.8 macro lens. I wrote that if I buy new equipment, I would post a new article.

Now I own a Canon EOS 80D, and a Sigma 70 mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art, now mounted on a rail.

I have written a long article again, comparing the previous equipment with the new one, using the same slides for comparison regarding color, sharpness, shadow performance etc. It's pretty long, pretty deep, pretty technical, but I am pretty certain that many people will find useful information there.

I have also included a fair amount of my conclusions and my personal recommendations.

Here is the article on the new camera scanning equipment: http://photo.bragit.com/CameraScan/80D_CameraScan.shtml

Best Regards

2. I guess I’m weird because I love scanning film. It’s like waiting for the image to show itself in the darkroom to me. It’s a step in the process of delayed gratification that is part of what makes shooting film enjoyable.

pablo_escobar and Dave Luttmann like this.