of participants.<p>

If your details are in error or if your name is missing, send me

e-mail.<p>

By next week, I should have the camera in hand. Just bought it this

week. It has a somewhat interesting story. And the owner -- the sole

owner until this week -- might also participate. She's an 80-year-old

artist living in Minnesota.<P>

More to come ...

I'll add some more details tomorrow, including some information about the camera ... I'm just running out of time right now, and I wanted to get the list up.

Later, when I do a map, I'll be a bit more specific about location (not Mapquest specific), but pinpoint the city within the state/province within the country.

Gene, too bad. I was hoping you'd take part. I'm sure this thing is going to take at least a year, so we'll see how things shake out. Maybe you can jump in near the end ... if there's anything left of the camera by then. (thanks for the fixes on Rick's name)

I've made a mistake regarding privacy. From now, I will simply list people's first names and state and country. That should provide some level of anonymity that I should have considered initially.

Apologies to everyone.

Raid, just send me an e-mail. I'll add you to the list.

Mike, I've just looked at the URL you posted, and there is only a list of countries, not individuals there now - I'm guessing from the previous comments that you've edited it?

What a great list though! (and four from my part of the world!) :-)

Looking forward to more details with great anticipation...

Janice M.

Yes, that's correct about further paring it down. I'm going to send out individual e-mails to the 56 or so who are involved in which I will ask everyone how they want to be ID'd, such as "Mike, Pittsburgh, Pa., USA," or "JM, New Zealand," or maybe just "M, Pennsylvania, USA." or whatever.

My next step is to create a map with hot spots. Eventually, I'd like to make it a Flash map on a globe that rotates, but maybe that's a bit ahead of myself, seeing that I've done no Flash programming to date.

Janice, two of the people in Australia are friends of mine, and one is a former co-worker, as is the guy in Hong Kong. I tried to get another Hong Kong guy, but I think maybe he returned to the U.S. I'll keep looking for him.

I'm also planning to speak with the owner of the camera, answer any questions about this project and get some more of her experiences. She's very excited about the prospect of her camera being sent around the world ... again.

I should have the camera in hand late next week, hopefully. In the meantime, I'm going to begin planning a route. I'm open to suggestions.

Mike, maybe you worried too much about privacy or anonymity about this project. As it is a fair honourable project with a cultural and generous purpose, who could worry about seeing his name in the list ?

But it's probably my old-European-latin-country state of mind that leads me thinking like that. I'm not familiar with US nor any other anglo-saxon privacy habits.

Gene : as Mike said, the camera should arrive by you during the next winter if you finally decide to join the group and have you name put at the end of the trip list. So you will be able to take the kind of winterized pictures you like so much with the globe-trotter camera, walking in the woods' crisp snow under a howlin' blizzard wind ;-)

Do not let us like poor orphans on the road side !

:))=