California glamour photographer?

<p>I'm trying to remember the name of a California glamour photographer known for his sun-baked images and there is one in particular I seem to recall with people wearing their Ray-Bans around a pool or something like that, which probably seems like a million other photos. It was a colour photograph.</p>

<p>It wasn't Herb Ritts, no George Hurrell, not Helmut Newton....</p>

<p>Any name would do, it might be the candidate you think the least matches the description.</p>

You beat me to the punch, JDM. Peter Gowland was my first guess. I believe he learned his trade in the military during

WW2, and he was quite innovative when it came to equipment. A near contemporary of Bunny Yeager, who was of

course based in Miami, and quite a beauty in her own right. Best known for Betty Page, and a major producer of

Playmates of the Month.

Do you ever delve into near term anthropology. My education and employment was all physics and engineering, but I

think an interesting topic would be the changing magazine rack, 1940-2010. When I first became aware of magazines,

there really were lurid pulp fiction, plus Life, Look, Saturday Evening Post, Argosy, True, and many others long

disappeared. I am still very much addicted to real books, the best way to learn anything.