Buildling a story telling photo site

alvinyap

<p>Hi all,<br>

I'm wondering if there is some kind of software package or tool that would allow me to achieve this. I usually write down a diary of my experiences, thoughts etc during my photo trips, and I would like to put them down on a page (to bore people to death), and I want to sprinkle a selection of photographs to share my experience. A gallery feature on the side would be nice (am currently using simpleviewer pro).</p>

<p>I do not want it custom built, and want something out of the box. Prefer not to tweak code, but I can if necessary for just setup.</p>

<p>Thanks!<br>

<br />Regards,<br>

Alvin</p>

<p>Alvin,<br>

If you don't have the time or energies, I have an excellent Template Modification Company that specializes in building photography sites and tasks like yours. My company works with Joomla, Drupal and Mambo along with a ton of other templates. You should check it out it is called RightTemp Mod, the url is www.righttempmod.com. We can begin immediately and turn your project around expeditiously. <br>

I am certain that I can also introduce you to a bunch of cool components and modules that will bring your site to life.<br>

~ Kenny </p>

<p>Hi Alvin,<br>

I built mine using JOOMLA and I've been very happy with it. For tweaking the CSS, the Firebug plugin for Firefox is extremely useful - it lets you adjust the CSS values in the browser and tells you what file you need to edit to make the change permanent. The JOOMLA site itself is an excellent resource for plugins that are available as well.<br>

-Matt</p>

<p>Matt, thanks for the suggestion, and the CSS tip is nifty!</p>

<p>Update: Talked to some of my web developer friends, and they suggest for what I need, a full fledged cms like drupal etc may be overkill and to look at wordpress instead. Did that and I think it should suit my needs perfectly.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Alvin</p>