bug report re: partial 'edit image' failure

johncrosley

Yesterday, Sunday, I uploaded a photo into my folder 'Fine Art -- Industrial and Other' entitled Newcomb & Barneveld

(Streets), San Francisco.

Because my Adobe Bridge is malfunctioning and I had two nearly identical versions of the same photo, I uploaded

one photo that had a 'minor' shadow in lower right. It did not present well in that folder, and I had put it up for critique

before I noticed the issue.

I used the 'edit' function and 'image edit' to replace that image (two times) to insert a different nearly identical image

without that problem. I used the 'replace image' function twice because I saw no visible results after waiting a

reasonable time after the first replace attempt -- in reality the 'large' version had been changed it appears.

The new image never has shown on the medium image. After a short delay it showed on the 'large' image.

I believe, based on waiting most of a day and night that the 'medium' image may never be replaced without your

intervention.

Could you please look into this?

This shadow issue appeared minor on my home computer screen, but it appears magnified on PN display, and it

greatly denigrates the photo after PN compression; however the 'large' version looks quite fine, in part because it is a

different photo.

Can the two images be coordinated and the 'large' image be downsized to the 'medium' format or can I be informed

when the servers will do that automatically (if they are scheduled to do so?)

Thanks I don't make a habit of such inquiries or requests.

John (Crosley)<div>00QwFo-72747584.jpg.c49a210f0eb24341ea3ba93eab32db49.jpg</div>

John;

I have encounter the same issue. Some alteration to the programing at P.Net. has created a situation where a

new upload can take a day to refresh to the changed version. To further confuse matters it appears that the image

which is presented when someone hits the critique button uploads the change much faster than the original file

gets switched out. You can end up with two versions of the same image showing, until the server catches up with

the change. So far as I am aware that is the way the place functions at present.

Thanks Gordon for the explanation. I am unsure if I got almost no critiques because potential critics were seeing the damaged version or not. That IS annoying, more than slightly. I put photo up for critique because I want critique and if a rare 'switch' is not to be given effect, I can always take it down and repost it later, if I know. Now it's too late for that and I have one critique and a record low number of ratings.

Thanks for verifying Josh.

John (Crosley)

Hi Josh,

I saw the same problem. I updated my photo, and it updated the thumbnail, but not the large version, etc... so I looked for this thread and figured I'd just wait for it to update...

Today, everything is updated, except the thumbnail on my user page... thumbnails and full versions on other pages seem to be fine, but the user page shows the old thumbnail.

Is this just a "continue to wait" issue, or does this represent a real bug?