Brooks-Plaubel Veriwide 100 (Sorry for screwing up)

<p>Aha, found them! Looks great and the flags are a perfect subject for the wide angle. Lenses this wide are hard to get your head around at times, but are fun when you do. The 47mm is about as wide as you can go on this format and your pics look free from distortion and vignetting.<br>

Look forward to seeing more from this remarkable camera...and remember...practice makes perfect!</p>

<p>Tony Lockerbie wrote:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The 47mm is about as wide as you can go on this format and your pics look free from distortion and vignetting.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Not so. I have a 47/5.6 SA and a 35/4.5 ApoGrandagon, shoot both on nominal 6x9 (56 x 82 mm or so) and nominal 6x12 (56 x 112). Both are rectilinear, both just cover 6x12 (put good image in the corners), and both need center filters on 6x12 because of optical vignetting (cos^3 or ^4 bites hard). The 47 SA doesn't need a center filter on 6x9. The 35 benefits a little from one on 6x9, whether one is needed depends in part on the subject.</p>

<p>About distortion. Short lenses really need a level camera. I shoot mine from leveled tripod, expect that even though the Veriwide is eminently hand-holdable it would benefit from a tripod too.</p>