Bridal shows - what kind of displays?

kaiyen

Hi all,

So I'm looking into advertising now. An ad here or there is easy enough. Not

sure I have the time to invest in bridal shows, but figured I'd ask since they

are apparently quite fruitful. Do you have full-blown booths for these things?

Or a few albums, some brochures or something, and a nice table cloth?

allan

After I worked a bridal fair for another photog in January, I specifically asked and got a corner booth at my BF in August.

My advice is attend one or two and see how others set up.

I was shocked at how little thought went int some photographer booths.

Afterall it will be the one place where you can wow your clients. Makee it nice, well thought out.

I plan something similar to what Cindy did with the empty space to suck people into the booth area to view the images. I like the lighting to accent, as the one I worked was rather dimly lit.

The most important thing on the stand is you...never sit down, be friendly and enthusiastic and sell yourself like mad. Aside from that things I have tried that work are:

Having a survey/competition - you get a database that you can work afterwards to generate more bookings AND it makes them stop and stand still so you can talk to them.

Having a freebie if they book on the day, I offered a free copy album for on the day bookings and a half price one if they booked within two weeks and it worked like a charm.

Network with other vendors - have them display your pics too (ie hair, makeup, flowers etc)

Chat to the organisers about using your images for the cover of the booklet, the posters, flyers etc. They need to use something, why not make it your stuff and get the extra exposure.

My new brain-fart for our upcoming expo...

Supplying bags so everything they collect gets collected in my bag with my branding on it.

I had thought of setting up a photo booth ala Stacy and Mary but couldn't quite work out how to make it not cost me a fortune! I'm still working on it :-)

I just did a Bridal Fair on Sunday and it exceeded my expectations. I actually had two 8x10's booths. I had very large prints (other photographers merely had 8x10 or 11x14's). I had some nice columns, some exquisite rugs only one small table so as to allow folks to enter the booth and to feel and touch the albums, pictures. I had my main package "The Diamond" on the far right side with everything that was a part of the diamond...a true visual experience! I had a full color handout of the various prints displayed onthe handout and a image of the Daimond package...cuz they wont remember you once they get home. So everything is meant for them to remember your booth once they get home. Bride's typically dont book thier photographer att he fair, rather they go home and whittle it down. Your their to present your art, present a professional and caring personality. I was amazed at how rude or boring other photographers were at this fair...and whats funny all of us were within a few hundred dollars of each other. So personality will bring them to you. If you want I can call you for any specifics you may need.