Boulevard of Photographers?

jason_krauth

<p>Other than the actual website for that organization, <a href="http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&&FORUM_THREAD_ID=400785&order=DESC">the first Google hit indicates it may be a scam</a> .</p>

<p>My first impression upon visiting the organization's website? It's a scam. The website is poorly written with awkward phrasing reminiscent of someone with poor English skills or translating from another language and no attention to detail. I'd suggest avoiding it or any website like it.</p>

<p>Dunno Lex, that Google thread is related to the company where everybody "wins" and gets their picture (glued) into the first page of the book for a "nominal" fee. They aren't related to the Boulevard Of Photographers. When I did a Yahoo search for that name, I obtained a link to the photo contest. I see submissions retain copyright (to a degree, when checking against copyright in Terms Of Agreement), and I don't think English is used as a second language either. I then went to the home page and looked around: Although the site doesn't appear to be a scam, they do charge for certain services, and retain the right to use your photos for whatever they want to in perpetuity- Oh, but you'll get credit... I personally will just hang around here for sharing photos. Contests should be entered only after a very careful review of copyright detail in the terms of agreement. If you lose ownership of the image, it ain't worth it.</p>

<p>Yes. It is certainly a scam. It appears that every 6 months or so they change their name, but don't even bother to make their website different! It used to be photolauriates.org. I sent them the $50 to see my work published. It's been nearly a year now, I haven't seen or heard a thing. If you google photolauriates scam you can see there are a ton of blogs about it. There aren't any "yet" if you search their new name. Shame is, Yahoo is using them as a sponser at puts them at the top of every page when you search photography contests!!! </p>

• 1 year later...
<p>This is not a scam. I have been using it for a few months now. The website dose not look to fantastic, but I have won an Ipod Nano, had my picture published, and received feedback on my images from people all around the world. I thought it was a scam at first, but I have had NO issues with them. I personally like the website.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=6202453">Brandon Grace</a> , Sep 11, 2010; 02:14 a.m. (<a onclick="if (confirm('Are you really want to mark this message as spam and make it hidden from the thread?')) return true; else return false;" href="report-msg-uni?on_what=forum&id=00XGKb&return_url=/beginner-photography-questions-forum/00U7UJ?">report spam</a>) (<a href="admin-edit-msg?msg_id=00XGKb">edit</a> | <a href="admin-delete-msg?msg_id=00XGKb">delete</a>)<br>

This is not a scam. I have been using it for a few months now. The website dose not look to fantastic, but I have won an Ipod Nano, had my picture published, and received feedback on my images from people all around the world. I thought it was a scam at first, but I have had NO issues with them. I personally like the website.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Can you provide any references, corroborations, testimonials or a link to where your photo was published?</p>

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I was scammed by these guys I'm sure of it. Does anyone know how I can go about reporting them or recovering the

money I sent them? I am financially pretty bad and at present after losing my job and was pursuing photography as a

new career path. I was told my photo would be published and stupidly believed them. I really didn't have that money to

spend and now I'm quite screwed. I thought this could be the start of a career path. Very stupid of me and I feel quite

ridiculous. Does anyone have any advice on this? I live in Australia as well if that helps. Sorry to bother you all with

this but I am really struggling and was hoping for a light at the end of this tunnel. Thank you for any advice you can

give. I don't know how long my subscription to this is as I chose the free option, but if you wouldn't mind letting me

know any advice that would be great. Thanks for your time.

Rebecca.