Binocular attachment sample photos

Far from great, but a sample if people are wondering about the binocular attachment. Old ISO 400 Minocolor with a pair of cheap 8x20 compact binoculars. It definitely works, and I'm sure with slower, fresh film and slightly better developing they would be ok. This is the top of a 312 foot (almost 100 meter) theme park ride taken from my car window 500 feet away. One important thing they don't mention and I didn't realize until now is you need to make sure of the camera's orientation when in the viewing position on your eyes, I'm pretty sure that's what produced the angled frames. You'd almost have to look through the lens, then without touching the setup pull it away and check that the camera is straight to your composition.

859768618_minox2-25007.thumb.jpg.243856718e7d352f19d5889a59a31028.jpg

622877262_minox2-25008.thumb.jpg.046535b891cf1069a9c5b3dca7000782.jpg

I use a set of Nikon 8X40 binoculars and get good results. This is last year's eclipse of the sun (three shots printed together). Film was Delta 100 and the natural density filter was used because of the brightness. It was handheld - don't remember the shutter speed but probably fast.

239000015_MinoxEclipse.jpg.6dccbcd20504e422bd8b73482ab54540.jpg

all my pictures have been coming out fuzzy, it's not just the binocular attachment. I had one roll developed and printed by blue moon and one developed and scanned myself. The results were pretty close to each other. I think my film has just gone bad so I'm just using it for testing and playing around.

Certainly worth trying some fresh film. Also thinking, could something have happened to your camera to throw it off focus? I'm sure you've checked the lens window for dirt, smears, etd. Let us know what you find.

The camera got a full teardown and cleanup since it did have a smudge on the outer lens cover (but was cleaned before the binocular roll). I just developed and scanned some 100 iso film that turned out much better than previous rolls. I then tried doing a wet mount sandwiched between glass plates and the results were amazing. I'm currently working on an adjusted focal height glass plate sandwich and am going to rescan the rolls I have.

• Like 1