Berger Brothers closing original Amityville location

henryp

<p>Email from Brad Berger, President, Berger Bros. Camera:</p>

<blockquote>

<p> I have decided to add a Berger Bros retail camera store to our School, Center for Photographic Art in Huntington Village. I feel Huntington Village is a happening & growing area and we have many customers asking us to open a camera store here. We will continue to have classes, a photo gallery and studio rental at the Huntington location.<br>

On a sad note, I have decided that after 65 years on or before March 24th, 2016 we will close our original Amityville location started by my dad and his two brothers in 1951. This is not an easy thing for me to do. I have pretty much spent most of my life getting to know most of the hundreds of thousands of customers at this location. There are many factors involved in this very difficult decision but overall I feel it is the right direction to transition our customers to our New Huntington Village and Syosset stores. Syosset will become our main store.<br>

I can assure you that it will be worth your trip and you will still get the same great service and product selection at Huntington & Syosset stores from your favorite Berger Bros sales associate. To our loyal South Shore customers, if you find it difficult to get to our locations please call me on my cell 516-816-4921 and I will personally help you and ship free or deliver what you need.<br>

<br /> Thank you for your loyalty,</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Berger Brothers in Amityville was one of the best parts of going to Long Island to visit my in-laws over the years. Got a good deal on a Nikkor 35mm 2.0 AIS there, and also on a winder (MD-12 I thinnk) for my FM. When I managed to break the screw that closed the battery compartment on the winder, they replaced it for me even though it was probably really my own fault. A very traditional old school camera store that you don't see many of any more.<br /><br />For the worldwide Photo.net community, we're talking about Long Island, New York, maybe an hour east of New York City.</p>