Battery Park couple

jc1305us

I think that's a lovely photo, nice tones across the spectrum.

Thankfully, I was not among those who heard "we're all gonna die." I'm thankful to have stayed healthy so far.

Yeah, what I got out of it was more like, "we all need to stay safe". Or, "we have to take this covid thing seriously".

I count my own blessings every day, while 2020 continues to get even weirder than it ever was, each day more surreal than the last. Truth is stranger than fiction? Heck yes it is.

• Like 1

Nice shot. Good comp. Like the off center placement of the couple and use of the sun to cast a little light their way. Don't know if that was deliberate or accidental, but either way, it works. The tree on the right along with what I'm guessing is a rock and that bush on the left, act as a sort of natural frame. That tree on the left (behind the lamppost) going up and branching off to meet the tree on the right forms an archway of sorts to complete the effect, and the lamppost does its bit to add a little atmosphere.

Cropping from the left side of that tall building on the Jersey side of the river (the one to the right of that tree) all the way across to the right edge of the image, might work as a good -2 version (so to speak) of this image also

• Like 1
Izzy From Brooklyn

I think this is a very strong image, with great colors and composition. There's absolutely no Covid message here, but that's okay, because it's a human picture of humans doing what they do in a lovely environment.

I'm torn about the sidewalk lighting. On one hand, that's what's there, but OTOH the blue lighting and posts are kind of ugly. If I were going to try to sell this image, I'd take them out.

• Like 1

OTOH the blue lighting and posts are kind of ugly. If I were going to try to sell this image, I'd take them out.

I like the blue lights because they’re a bit of an anomaly, though still harmonious, in the location itself, and in an otherwise predictable though romantic and pleasing photo. I appreciate both the architectural (urban design) approach to modernizing without messing up the classicism of the location and the photographic effect of subtly adding a subdued element to slightly alter what might be expected. The lights provide what I think is a delicate enough tension to the warmth of the sunset, as if a few cold but glowing punctuation marks chose to express and assert themselves but without amounting to a blatant protest.

• Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"