battery life for NIKON D610

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Jean-Claude, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ShunCheung - "I hand carried all my camerea and computer equipment" 4 Nikon bodies plus lenses. How do you managed to get that onboard. In Asia a have problems with 2 bodies and 3 lenses!

2. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

I had one mid-sized camera backpack (ThinkTank Street Walker Por) and a roller bag for cameras. My wife no longer brings any camcorders so that we managed to get thru. My biggest lens on that trip was the 500mm/f5.6 PF. Fortunately I didn't have any 500mm/f4 or 200-400mm/f4 as in previous trips. Since my tripod was missing along with the rest of the checked luggage, it would have been very difficult to use those lenses without a tripod.

I did get everything back at the end of the trip, but that didn't do me any good at some very remote locations.

Back to the OP, I was reading a Tanzania trip log this morning. It reminded me that a lot of the African lodges switch off their generator at 9pm or 10pm, so that it would be impossible to charge your batteries overnight. I would definitely bring two chargers so that you can charge simultaneously. If possible, bring an inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter so that you can charge inside the safari vehicle.

Erik-Christensen likes this.